Friday, July 29, 2011

A taste of home


Well, just over a week ago, I got a very awesome "care package" from home. It was my 18 year old brother, Kyle. For so long I've been wanting him, or just someone from home to come and see my new home and the life I have here and the people who have become my second family. He's had a whirlwind of a time so far, meeting more people than he can keep track of, going to my school ministry, tagging along with the prison ministry, and just getting into the flow of life here. We can look forward to two more weeks of him getting to know the people even more and see the ministry and the country in some very real ways. He's even had to deal with the death of a baby who was from an orphanage where the owners, volunteers, and kids are a very large part of our church body. He's gotten to see the beauty of this amazing country as well as witness the personal struggles those of us on the field deal with. It will be interesting to see what all God shows him and uses him for over the rest of this visit. It's definitely too cool getting to have someone I love so much experience what has become my life.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text