Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Gearing up...

Every three months the schools go on holiday, and basically for me it means it's game time. During the school term I'm busy in teaching at Jinja SS, youth group, and meeting with individuals, but when the holiday comes I get to ramp up the program and really try to facilitate opportunity after opportunity for the students to grow deeper in their walks. This next holiday begins at the beginning of August, and I'm in shock how quickly it has crept up on me this time. So currently I'm just trying to plan and pray and see what all God wants to have take place this holiday be it outreaches to villages, large events here in Jinja, various service projects, and one event I'm getting really excited about which will be a girls' night where I hope to have women from all walks of life (missionary and Ugandan) to be able to pour into the girls from the youth group. A night of testimonies, teachings, food, girliness (but not too much considering I'm the one organizing it :) ).

I'm currently just asking for prayer for all that God wants to do during this holiday. Please pray that the plans would be God's plans, that I personally wouldn't be so distracted by the "programs" that I'm missing the main thing. Pray that the students grow in huge and awesome ways and that lives are changed over the next month.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text