Saturday, January 29, 2011

Youth Group on Location: the Re-Cap


Well, in the last post I did, I was asking for prayer because I really had no clue about how our youth group was going to go this weekend. Well, now that it's come and gone, I can once again testify to how God was so good to answer prayer. I came home from having lunch with a friend to find my "guys" in the church practicing for worship and they were all wearing their youth group t-shirts. I almost wanted to cry because I was super discouraged all day thinking that I was just going to be hard-core disappointed with this event as everyone would end up staying at the graduation party, but they were there and ready to roll. But on top of my guys being there and getting everything all set to go to Loco, the party authorities (i.e. JB, Jess, and Bev) made sure that it was planned for the youth to get food early enough to make it to youth group. So by 4 we were at Loco with a good group of kids. We set up really quick, our worship team did a great job, and then Jacob translated as I taught Isaiah 40-66. They were awesome chapters reminding us of all that God's done, killer prophecy about Jesus, who He says He is, and His love for us. It all went really well, and I was blessed by the students coming and just having my guys step up when I needed them the most. God is so good because we worry, anticipate failure, etc... but it's all in His hands, He's in charge of the results, and no matter what they may be... to Him be the glory!

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text