Friday, May 6, 2011

First Thing's First Day 2

Day two of the youth conference began bright and early as I met with the leaders and we got ready for the day. By 9, the students had taken tea (breakfast) and were having their quiet times in Jeremiah 1. From there the day was pretty much non-stop as Ryan taught on When Jesus "Teached", small group times, presentations-where the students get a chance to perform something, Danielle teaching on When Jesus Prayed, the groups breaking up for times of prayer, and then the "storm" hit.



Now by that point the clouds were looking rather ominous but praise God nothing too serious came of it. The storm I'm talking about is the time span of about 45 minutes where everything seemed to go wrong and my "problem children" were rearing their little heads. I've been fairly good at keeping calm as things don't go exactly according to plan, but I'll admit that when it's several things at once, I get really overwhelmed really fast. The food wasn't ready when it was supposed to be by over 30 minutes, the worship team didn't quite understand what I had been wanting them to do for the next set, some of my volunteers didn't show, and a couple of students put me in not very good positions for me to be the bad guy. In the end after pretty much loosing it, I had to have both Ryan and Bev basically reel me back in. Ryan through prayer and Bev through bringing me lunch and just being absolutely amazing as she set everything up for communion.

From there, we had Bev teach on when Jesus died which was followed by Communion. The plan was for the kids to write down a sin that God's been convicting them of and then they'd put it on our wooden cross and then take communion. It kind of started out crazy as the students didn't quite understand the memo that they needed to take this seriously... but then they got it and it was really cool.



They then had a nice long small group time and then it was time for the games. The first one is what we call "Ebibuzo Time" where it was basically a Bible quiz through the whole Old Testament and really the students knew their stuff. It was awesome. Then we had our messy games which just involved a lot of nasty stuff and me having to do what I tell others to do so needless to say I was really messy and a little nauseous in the end. From there we had a rap concert put on by our worship leader (sounds kind of funny I know), it was an awesome show and the kids loved it! It was then dinner time and clean up.




And that sums up the second day of the conference. I won't lie, the fatigue is kind of starting to hit, but I just have a half a day left... I've got an awesome team and an even more amazing God who is at work, so I just need to remember to trust HIm to the very end and enjoy watching Him work in crazy cool ways.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text