Sunday, May 8, 2011

First Thing's First Day 3

This post is a day late because our internet was down... but here we go.

The last day of the conference got off with kind of a hectic start but from 8:30-1:00ish it was non-stop. We had quiet times in the book of Daniel and the kids learned about standing firm and not compromising. Then we had our last worship set, and considering that all but 2 of the worship team were students, I would say they did an awesome job with the worship for this conference. Then I taught on When Jesus Rose, and it was cool getting to bring together what all of the Gospels said about the different facets of the resurrection and the events following. Then it was small groups again, and I have to say that my guys who led the groups again did an amazing job pouring into the kids over the conference. And then it was time for the baptism.



We had 16 kids end up getting baptized. I will honestly tell you that I may or may not have gotten a little teary eyed with some of the kids who I've had the honor of getting to see begin and grow in their walks, be obedient in making this public demonstration of their new life in Christ. One of the kids who got baptized is Benji - Benji is the son of our key translator and he's always kind of done his own thing. He's 9, and although he has his moments, he's an amazing kid who I've seen God do some big things in changing his heart. He was my little right hand man throughout the conference and the words that seemed to constantly be on his lips were "can I help!?" I love that boy, and am so stoked to see what else God is going to do in his life. It's through things like this baptism that God reminds me of what everything's all about. We are to go into all the world and make disciples, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit... and it's cool to get to be a part of that in some small way.




All in all, it was an awesome conference with A LOT of answered prayer. I want to thank everyone who lifted it up in prayer. Only God knows what is going on in the hearts of the students, now just continue to pray that the word fell on good soil, and not on the soil where there are rocks, thorns, or birds waiting to swoop down and take it away. Pray that these kids do grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ, and that they become true followers of Him who are passionate for living for Him alone.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text