Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Coming home

It's 5:30 in the morning and in the background behind my worship music I can hear the mosque doing their 5:30 call to prayer. It really is one of the coolest yet scariest sounds as it reminds me all the time of the lost people that are all around this town, country and world.

On a lighter note though, it was so awesome to get to sleep in my bed that's 7ft in the air with my fan blowing on me (praise God we had power last night). I'm up right now, but thinking, hoping and praying that the jet lag isn't too bad. Slept all night the night I got in, and then last night I went to bed at 10:30 and got up just a couple of times so we shall see how quickly I get adjusted to being 10hrs ahead of what had been my past 2 months.

I got in at around 11:30pm on Tuesday night and it was amazing getting off the plane in 75 degree weather. My amazing friend Emily picked me up. We stuffed my 5 bags into the car and headed to her house in Kampala. She was such a trooper as we didn't get home and get to bed until around 1:30, thankfully though I was able to sleep until about 8:30.

By noon I was rendezvousing with Bev to then head back to Jinja. When I got to Jinja as we came into the compound, several of our staff members were waiting inside the gate singing and dancing, and the little kiddos were there to welcome me. It was awesome getting to have that sort of welcome from people who I've been missing so much. Then getting to my apartment there was a sign that Jess made welcoming home, and then another one from Mary and Steven's gang. It really just made my day.



I got into my apartment to find it cleaner than it's really ever been as Bev worked so hard to make it a place that was nice to come home to. I have a confession that in my life of going 110 miles a minute, my house is pretty much my last priority and so that was so so sweet of her!

And after a little settling in and unpacking, it was basically time for Bible study where yet again I definitely was feeling the love. Amazingly I was able to stay awake as normally the jet lag sets in around that time. Afterwards I had three of my kiddos who had just come back from school tackle me and it honestly just melted my heart.

Needless to say, it's good to be home.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text