Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

Some like to refer to February 14th at "Single's Awareness Day", and although I will totally admit that at times I had to make a conscious decision not to wallow, or make excuses for consuming large quantities of chocolate and watching a sappy movie it really was a pretty good day... incredibly busy, but good.

Waking up this morning was a little painful considering my brain wouldn't turn off last night so I didn't get to sleep until almost 1, but then we had ladie's prayer and I was able to do one of my most favorite things in the world: study. Part of last night's lack of sleep was due to the decision to teach on the book of Daniel at Jinja SS (one of the largest high schools in the area). I had been planning on doing a topical study through the Gospel of John but the lightbulb went off last night (or I guess you could say He kind of smacked me across the face with it) as I was trying to get to sleep. So needless to say I spent the better part of the morning studying and dissecting the first chapter of what is quickly becoming one of my favorite books. I then was able to have lunch with a friend at a restaurant called Ozzies where you can basically run into half of the missionary population if you're there long enough, and I guess we were because I was able to reconnect with so many people. Then I met with another friend for a Bible study and she decided it would be cool to study Daniel, and all I could think was "Yes!" (and a little bit of "oh boy what is God wanting to drill into my thick skull?"). After walking home, I hung out with one of our staff members for a little bit and we concluded he should get his wife a soda and write her a note for V-day (it's the simple things fellas).

From there I was able to start back to my favorite ministry (or one of them), and teach my students at Jinja SS. It was awesome how many from last year came back and it's just interesting how many of them are still caught up in some rather "interesting" theology but I try to just point them back to Jesus and what the Bible says and fight with all my might to not say "umm... are you crazy!?" We only got through the first part of the book and I won't lie it was one of those teachings where afterwards I thought I had pretty much bombed it, but then again that's when the Holy Spirit can definitely make it His own. One of my favorite things is that after the teaching, I take a bunch of them home. It's hilarious how they all pretty much have the system down of who sits where and they get a kick out of it too, plus it gives me some "informal" time with them.



From there, I rushed to our Tuesday night prayer meetings we call, "The Upper Room". It was awesome to spend the evening with about 10 of my "brothers" laying our requests before HIm and then discussing tough topics and questions we have from Scripture. It was a great way to end the day.



To top it all off, Bev hooked a sister up, and brought me a chocolate cup cake that was pretty much heaven and honestly made my day a little bit.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text