Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A friend loves at all times...

Proverbs 17:17 basically just hits the nail on the head as far as the "silver lining" of this season being the amazing friends and family God has surrounded me with. Even though it's a season of heartache, confusion, and pain I'm more blessed than words can say by the caliber of people God has put in my life. I know I've mentioned such things before, but well, it's kind of like when you fall in love, pretty much you can't stop sharing how amazing the other person is, that's basically the case of how I feel about who God has blessed me with. There are so many of you out there that when I think of the friends you have been over the years... many many years... I'm awestruck that God would allow me to have you in my life by His grace because I definitely don't deserve it.

This past week, I was able to go on a little trip to spend time with some amazing dear friends! First I went to North Carolina to visit the amazing Greene family. Phil, Em and the kids were such an encouragement to be around as we just enjoyed our time in the woods and just hanging out. You know those friends who are kind of like "soul mates" so to speak, where you are on the same page spiritually and just have a deeper connection as you discuss life and what God's teaching you? Well, that's the Greene family in my life. Our time together was so precious as they now are about to head back to Uganda. I will miss having random rendez-vous with them more than they will know but I know there are those friends where time and distance can't change the bond that you share.


After North Carolina, I headed west to the great state of Tennessee. I couldn't be in that area without going and visiting the one, the only, Tiffany Rockhold and then give hugs to the Clarksville crew. Again, what a sweet time we were able to have together! Tiff is such an amazing friend and it was so encouraging getting to spend a couple of days with her.


Getting to be real with and pray with such amazing friends humbles me to my core. I feel bad because really this past week they ministered to me so much that I felt like I was basically only on the receiving end really having little to give them in return other than my love and appreciation for everything. Because really what they did and how God has used them, there's really nothing I could do or say to even begin to return the favor.

God amazes me by His grace because these people I saw this past week, are just a couple of the people God has blessed me with encounters with during this season. Thank you to everyone He has used and spoken through!

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text