Friday, November 9, 2007

My revelation for the day

So as I mentioned in the previous blog, it's basically exactly 9 months away that I'll be heading down to Jinja. At first I thought to myself "9 months! That's too long!!!" but then God opened my eyes to something: 9 months is length of time the baby must be in the womb before it's born. Yes, I know this is a weird illustration, but bare with me. Finding out that I was officially approved was the beginning of this process of me being formed into a missionary. As with babies, if they are born prematurely they are not as healthy as if they were born full-term, in that way if I go prematurely to Africa I will not be as effective as I could be if I were to wait until it's time. As I was sharing this idea with some dear friends of mine (the ladies at the front desk of Calvary) they elaborated on the illustration saying that while there is a pregnancy, there is discomfort, emotional roller-coasters, and morning sickness. During these next 9 months I'm going to go through so trials, attacks, doubts, and fears, but the good thing is that if I keep my focus on God in the end, I will be in Africa doing what I love. My receptionist girls also brought to my attention that Satan wants me to "miscarry" he will do everything in his power to keep me from going, so please keep me in your prayers throughout this "incubation period".

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text