Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A little epiphany

I was looking at pictures today of an event with Vertical that I have gone to every year for the past seven years and this year, I didn't go (for obvious reasons). It's so weird at first I wanted to say that I should have been there, but then I look at where I'm at now and I see that I'm right where I'm supposed to be and I honestly am so taken back by that realization that words can't describe to you what I'm feeling right now. I look at the ministry I'm a part of and how God has grown me, especially in these past six months (in 11 days it'll be six months that I've been here) and I can honestly say without a doubt that I'm right where God wants me to be and I don't know if I've ever either really felt that before or just didn't realize it. I can think of all that I'm "missing out on" back home but really just as the scripture says, “No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God.” I guess the (at times) difficult reality to face is that I can't keep looking back but I need to look forward to what I'm blessed to be a part of now realizing God has a different plan for each and every one of us and who am I to pout or doubt God's sovereignty because I'm not doing what I had grown accustomed to for so many years.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text