Monday, August 9, 2010

Girl's night on the town



I've had several people ask me in the course of my time here in Uganda, "Kelli, what do you do here for fun?" And I honestly don't have a whole lot to give them. Jinja's a fairly chill town where if you're not doing the "tourist" thing, you're really not going to find a whole lot to do. Well...tonight my friend, Rochelle, and I found something to do with an event I've decided to call "Rochelle and Kelli's Rolex Adventure". I've noticed that when she and I put our heads together, we can come up with some pretty crazy ideas, and tonight was no different. We were both thinking about maybe having Rolex (a chapatti with something like a Spanish omelet rolled inside of it) for dinner, this idea somehow evolved into a plan where we would go to several Rolex making stands in an attempt to find the best rolex in Jinja. So at about 5:45, we hit the town, two girls on a mission. As we started to realize just how many Rolex stands there were, we decided to limit our Rolex number to 5, and that it was going to be much bigger than a one week ordeal. So we began at the far end of main street and bought this glorious food we call a Rolex from 5 different vendors, being sure to take copious notes about the preparation, ingredients, packaging, the price and then we numbered them and brought them all back to the house and with our respective carbonated beverages began to be quite possibly, the world's very first Rolex critics. It was awesome! We were laughing about just how comical the whole situation was, and what Rolex snobs we were now going to be. But the good thing is, we get to do this again next week, and hopefully in the end find the BEST rolex in Jinja.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text