Monday, August 2, 2010

I hate Mondays (well at least this one)

Today I drove with Ryan to a town called Mbale which is the half way point between Jinja and where he lives in Karamoja. He had been in town for the weekend for a friend's wedding and it was awesome having him back so soon, of course that kind of re-opened some of the wounds that had barely scabbed over from when he left but it was still great. Over the weekend, I didn't try to think about that today would bring me saying goodbye to him for probably six weeks this time. Even today when we said goodbye it was less emotional because I really didn't allow myself to think about the true reality.

After I said goodbye and drove out of town (just FYI, we have an automatic car that I can drive with my broken foot), I was just listening to music and as the reality began to dawn on me, I began to break down. Then, as I was trying to recover from that, it all of a sudden sounded like the windows were opened, and I look in the mirror to see my back left tire flapping. Yeah, my tire didn't just go flat, it seriously exploded. God was so good though and I didn't roll over, and God just kept me really calm. I pulled over and considering I was on crutches and couldn't really do anything anyway, I immediately called in my go-to man, JB. I was told that as soon as he got the call, he grabbed Davis (one of my other awesome go-to guys) and they drove the 45 minutes to come and rescue me. After I waited in the car for them to arrive, I was able to see the damage, and JB told the truth when he said that I was very lucky that I didn't get hurt. God definitely protected me on that one and answered some serious prayers.





Now, as I was driving on the way there, I realized that it has been one month ago (four weeks) since I broke my foot, it's also been two months to the day that I had my birthday and I knew that I was embarking on one crazy year. I just can't believe what all has happened over these past two months. It's just been way too crazy for words to just wrap my mind around just how much has happened, the pain, the struggles, the lessons, and it's only been two months... It's just seeming like it's one thing is coming right after the other. I'm exhausted in every sense of the word but also encouraged that in the midst of days like today that seem to go as bad as possible, God is still faithful to have His hand on every situation. But I'll admit my flesh definitely says "I hate Mondays".

1 comment:

Jesse said...

Glad the Lord kept you safe! Good news - the valve stem looks reusable, and from the pictures, it looks like we have plenty of pre-cut rubber to mount Jean's horns next time!

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text