Friday, March 18, 2011

St. Patrick's Day


So what happens when you put a girl who has her blood flowing green in the heart of Uganda and March 17 rolls around? Well, let's just say you'll get 100 green balloons scattered around the house, some of the best corned beef you've ever had (made seriously from scratch - no spice pack or anything), two pots of cabbage, a ton of potatoes, green cherry cheesecake, and a green fruit punch with ice cream. Not to mention the variety of green apparel that said girl dons or the various other accessories that are provided for those around her.

This past St. Patrick's Day was really so much fun. Although I don't remember any not fun St. Patrick's Days come to think of it. With all of the awesome people surrounding me, it's amazing to think that almost none of them have ever really celebrated St. Patrick's day. It's always crazy when I hear people even go so far as to forget about this awesome holiday. In my family in ABQ, It goes Christmas, Easter, then St. Patrick's day. We seriously go all out with leprechaun hunts, silly string, hair dye, I mean the works. Considering that "everyone's Irish on St. Patrick's Day" I decided to give my friends here a little taste of the fun that St. Patrick's Day. Everyone here was such an awesome sport! Our staff wore green, I had some awesome help in the kitchen, and when the party came I was surrounded by some of the most awesome people who allowed their little Irish friend to have a little taste of home even if she's 8,000 miles away from her family as they celebrate. God answered prayers and everything turned out perfectly. It really was a blast!

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text