Saturday, August 23, 2008

4ish days...

I'm trying to get in the habbit of thorough communication as I will be leaving in about 4 days.

Today was jam packed full of all that comes with preparing to leave the country for two years. It began by recovering from a Bynadryl induced coma which in turn led to me getting a later start than I would like. Then I ran a couple of errands including Target (I should have invested in their stock as I've now been there about 5 times this week) and the Police Station to get my background check (no worries though, the guy pretty much laughed because I don't even have an accident on my record). From there I picked up some boxes from the bookstore and then went to the Pirolo's to tell them goodbye before they left to see Mat in Cali. It was surreal saying goodbye to those who have become my second family over these past several months. Then I went to take family pictures and it actually was kind of fun. Following that, I hung out with my boys at the Mall before I proceded to a family dinner (all 20 of us) where my requested meal of green chile chicken enchiladas with cranberries (yes, I know I'm white) and Dion's salad was served. It was awesome! I loved getting to spend some quality time with those who truly have put up with me through thick and thin and I'm so blessed to have a family that is so close. To finish the day I hung out with my boys again and we watched a couple of episodes of the office. Needless to say, it was a crazy but good day Currently, it is 3 in the morning and I'm having difficulties sleeping and so I took a break from packing to write this overly informative blog.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text