Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The countdown is on: 45 days

So in a just 45 short days, I'll be landing on American soil for the first time in almost a year and a half for my two month long furlough. I have to admit that there are so many mixed emotions as it gets closer and closer. I of course am so excited to see everyone, especially my family, and not to mention eat some food that I've been craving for the past fourteen months; but it's really bitter sweet as I'll have to leave what is now my home for two months. Jinja is now where my life is at, and there is no other place in the world I would rather be than right here doing exactly the work that I have the privilege of doing. I know that those two months will bring about even more emotions, and I know it's going to be hard for many different reasons. One big reason is just how much things have changed in the time that I have been gone, but such is life and I know things have changed for me as well. If you want to "schedule" a specific time to get together for a meal or coffee or just to hang out and talk, just let me know and I'll be sure to make time for you.

What I ask right now is that if you could please just begin praying that I would come back even more passionate about the work God has called me to. Also, please just pray that I would soak up every minute of my time with everyone back home and that I would be able to balance everything from spending time with friends, family, supporters, and various ministry engagements.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text