Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The calm before the storm

In about 26 hours, I will have potentially over 100 students invade our campus for a three day long youth conference. The shopping is pretty well finished, I just have to do one last trip to pick up some more batteries...just in case. The registration materials are set, the teachers are preparing, the small group leaders have been briefed, the worship team has been practicing like crazy, the rooms are cleaned, and the food is good to go...now all that seems to remain are the last minute things that can't be done until the last minute like putting up banners and setting out benches. There have been some bumps along the way, and just yesterday one group who had RSVP'd to bring about 25 students called to say they're actually not going to be able to come. It's weird because I feel like I should be more stressed than I am right now. I've been on overload so much this past week that I reached my breakdown point yesterday, but today all seems to be going well. I just pray that I havent' overlooked some big thing, I just need to follow the advice of my real parents and my "parents" here (i.e. Jess and Bev) and just chill out.

The theme is "Take Action" and these students are basically going to get schooled in how their walk with Christ is not all about them - they are to be "doers of the Word". Each session will talk about different ways they are to take action. The first one is how they're to "Be Servants" and after that teaching we're taking the group on a little field trip around the corner to pick up the trash in one of the slums that is by us. Then the next teaching is "Be Making Disciples" of how they should be pouring into others and directing them to Christ and encouraging a hunger in others for the things of God instead of the things of this world. The third teaching is "Be Setting an Example" basically for these kids to be able to be like Paul where he says, "follow me as I follow Christ", and challenging the kids to live lives that others (even their parents and teachers) can look at as how to really live 100% for Christ. The conference will be ended with how they are to "Be Obedient" that as they have heard about these things, they are to now obey what God has said and resting upon the truth of "If you love me, obey my commandments".

If you think about it over the next few days, please just keep this conference in prayer.
Pray for:
- Lives to be changed
- The students to be challenged
- All of the logistics (enough food, power stays on, etc...)
- For there to be sweet fellowship
- And personally that I would allow Him to strengthen and direct me through this whole event.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text