Sunday, May 16, 2010

Youth Conference: Day 3

The last day of the conference began much like the one before: coffee with the leaders, quiet times, and worship. Then it was time for Steven to close up the conference with one last teaching on how to "Be Obedient". He did an awesome job and I just can't believe that in our little church we have such amazing teachers.


After Steven's teaching and one last time for small groups. We had some snack of popcorn and juice and then had what we call presentations. Presentations are basically just another word for a talent show. We had skits, dancers, and singers. We had groups made of our older students and then we even had the young ones show their stuff too. It was so fun!


We then had lunch, which I'll admit was another close call to a coronary for me, but I'm over it now. And then it was time for one of the coolest baptisms I've ever been a part of. We had our new little portable pool set up and Jess and JB ended up baptizing about 25 students. About ten of those students were kids who I've had the privilege of discipling over the past year and a half and so words cannot describe how awesome it was to see them get baptized.


As the conference ended the kids were having fun with splashing in the water. And so I couldn't resist and got in on the action. It honestly was a pretty perfect way to end a pretty perfect conference.


I think the coolest part about the conference going so well is that it was all pretty much stuff that was out of my control that made it so great and I can't take the credit for it at all! I love how our God works through His body to accomplish His will in His way.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text