Thursday, May 20, 2010

"A time for everything"

In Ecclesiastes, Solomon says "there is a time for everything...a time to be born and a time to die", and the list goes on dealing with the various facts of life. This post is a little unusual just because I guess I'm just trying to process the fact that I just found out that my Grandma Judy passed away. I wish I could say that I'm in a ball on the floor mourning, but being 8,000 miles away kind of makes you a little "detached" for lack of a better word. It's funny because when you leave to go anywhere be it another country or a trip to the grocery store, you never know when the last time will be that you will get to see someone.

I had the blessing of getting to spend some good time with my grandma while I was in the States (although of course now I can say that it wasn't enough). One of the highlights of my trip home was when one afternoon I ran and grabbed some Blake's Lottaburger and brought it over to my grandparent's house and spent a couple of hours there just talking to them. My grandma was always a little leery of the fact that I was all the way in Uganda, but that never stopped her from being supportive and asking questions. The picture here is from the last time I saw my grandma when my family threw me my own St. Patrick's day party before I left. I'm sure she knew Christ as her Savior, but that still makes this time of being separated from my family (especially my mom - as my grandma was her step-mother) very hard.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text