Tuesday, June 1, 2010

23 - it was a very good year

I won't lie, when I think about the fact that I'm only just now about turn 24 (in about 15 minutes), I'm pretty much amazed at what God has done in my life up to this point. Even just in this past year it's been amazing all that has taken place. I've gotten stretched in so many ways and given responsibilities that I'm pretty sure technically shouldn't have been given to someone of my age. I kind of feel like the kid who accidentally got put in the "gifted" or smart kid class -where you really didn't deserve to be there, but because of it you were able to grow more than you would have being in the class that you "belonged". I know that's kind of a funny illustration, but you know that's how I roll.

To write out everything would seem like I was bragging, but I'm seriously just in awe that it all has happened in just one year and seriously to God be ALL the glory, honor, and praise. I thank God for how He has helped me to grow through these different situations, and although they have been harder to go through than words can ever describe, I wouldn't have changed a single thing from this past year.

Now as I embark on this 24th year of my life - 24 seems so "adult" in my mind - I can't help but wonder what this year is going to hold. Already, there are several struggles and "growing opportunities" that I know are coming, and I just kind of wonder if that's supposed to be a clue about how the rest of the year is going to be. I know there will be several new seasons beginning in my life both personally and ministry wise, but through those changes, I rejoice in the fact that our God NEVER changes, He is more faithful that words can say, and the word that He keeps opening my eyes to in reference to Him is the Rock. During this next year, I'll probably need to hold on to that rock for dear life, because I'm pretty sure it's going to be one wild and crazy ride. 24...ready or not here I come!

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text