Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Lord of the Flies

I find it funny that sometimes the coolest things we learn, we so frequently forget to share with others. I read how the apostles speak of how they can't help but proclaim the things they have seen and heard, and then I just allow some of the biggest lessons God is teaching me to slip my mind. One of the coolest things I've read lately that God has actually brought to light in a couple of books I use to study from is how in 2 Kings 1, it talks about how King Ahaziah asked his men to go and inquire of Baal-Zebub - and most believe this is adapted into the name Beelzebub which is used in the New Testament that is synonymous with the name Satan. Well, the kind of cool thing that a couple of commentators have pointed out was that supposedly this Baal-Zebub was symbolized by a fly although I don't ask me why (sorry, couldn't resist). If you look at what flies really do, they basically drive us absolutely crazy and distract us. They distract us from a conversation, meal, etc... Now to think that's really one of Satan's key attack mechanisms - distraction. He can't really touch us, but he can render us ineffective and try to send as many distractions our way as to get us away from what God has really called us to. How guilty I am of falling for his ploys in this area especially! Anyways, I guess it's the conviction that I have pertaining to this that caused me to take such notice, and the fact that God had it stand out to me on more than one occasion, can kind of cause one to wonder if He's maybe trying to teach me something about it...hahaha...hmmm...

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text