Monday, June 28, 2010

A full moon and bull horns

So because most of my posts lately have been of a rather somber nature, I figure I should lighten up the mood a little bit. Two nights ago as Ryan and his two teammates prepared to head out on their trip, there was one thing on the to-do list that I was able to be a part of: putting Ankole cattle horns on the front of their vehicle. The project began after eight and we didn't finish until about midnight, but we had such an awesome time, people who could overhear us were talking about how we never stopped laughing. The evening consisted of Jess and Jean (one of Ryan's co-workers) actually knowing what to do, then Ryan, Tom (Ryan's other co-worker), and myself were basically there for comedic relief. It was hilarious seeing just how little we three knew about how do the task at hand. We were making jokes about everything and I can only imagine what Jess and Jean were thinking. I of course was probably the worst of us all because I didn't even realize what a bushing was, I may or may not have thought that they were talking about a literal bush that they were needing to help mount the horns...I'm pathetic, I know, and after that incident I was pretty much given the very prestigious task of being the flash light holder . Needless to say though that working in the light of the full moon and laughing with everyone, helped to take the edge off of the obvious difficulty that would be coming as the three of them head out for their new aventure into Karamoja. I'm blessed to work with such hard-core people both on the Jinja side and those who will be moving to Karamoja. I just feel so privileged to be so young yet get a first hand look at what it means to be totally sold out for Christ.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text