Sunday, June 6, 2010

“Seeking his face”

Well, as I have previously mentioned, it’s been a bit of a doozy this past month and a half and honestly looking at the next four months or so things don’t look like they’re going to get a whole lot easier. On top of that, my birthday was marked by some of my closest friends leaving. But honestly, right now I’m getting pretty stoked to see how God is going to rock my face off through it all. He even has already begun to chisel away some things and open my eyes to things He is desiring to see change in me.

On the eve of my birthday, I read Psalm 24 because I had heard of a good friend of mine who likes to read the Psalm that corresponds to her birthday. Psalm 24 is what the song “Give us clean hands” is written about. It’s about living blamelessly before God and seeking His face. I can’t help but think that’s going to be the theme for the next year - truly seeking HIS face. I know I should be doing that every day of every year, but to really make that the desire of my heart for this year specifically. To see and know Him. 1 Corinthians 8:3 says how we love God because we are known by him. Our relationship with God is based off of a mutual transparency, if I’m real with God about myself, He will show me more of who He is in return, and I think that’s just too cool for words to even think about what that really means.

Now, as I was able to get away on my mini vacation, that’s really what I hope to do - spend this time seeking Him. Spending this time like Elijah did beside the Brook at Cherinth where it really was just him and God as God equipped him and broke him so that he would be ready for the next things that were coming his way. Oh how I pray that I will be able to look back at this year as kind a “12 stones” year so to speak (those who have read the book of Joshua hopefully you know what I mean). That 24 would be a landmark year in maturing to whole new levels in my walk making leaps and bounds in the pursuit to be holy as He is holy. God only knows what this year will hold...

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text