Friday, January 15, 2010

Back to the grindstone


It's funny how when people hear that I'm on furlough, the first thing that comes to their mind is that it's a time of relaxation and basically like a vacation. Honestly, when I hear about that I have to laugh. From talking about it with other missionaries and the experience I've had so far is that it is anything but a vacation. It's still ministry, just in a different place than I am usually at, and honestly I love it! I was dreading that these two months would be filled with all sorts of down time and that I wouldn't be doing very much ministry at all, but it's been chuck full of unexpected opportunities. Yesterday was an absolutely crazy day but I'm so thankful for each and every part of it. The day began with a coffee shop meeting followed by lunch with one of my girls. From there I booked it over to the elementary school that two of my cousins go to and was able to speak to their classes about Africa, and although I couldn't preach it up, it was still cool to kind of plant in these kids minds a bigger world view than they originally had. And when it was all said and done, there were sixty kids who were able to hear about what happens a whole world away and how blessed they are to live in a country like this, and have food, and parents which is something many kids in Uganda don't have. After that, I had another coffee date and then I was able to speak at the 50's Plus singles ministry at Calvary. Those people were so welcoming and it was such an awesome privilege to get to share what God was doing with all of them. By the time I had gotten home, I was absolutely exhausted, but so stoked on all God has brought my way throughout the day.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text