Saturday, January 30, 2010

The fam in Angel Fire: Day 2


The second day, I finally woke up at around 8. Had some awesome food for breakfast and drank my coffee while sitting up in a little loft area overlooking the mountain and having my quiet time. I went to join dad and Keelan sledding outside and we all were out there for about an hour or so and ended with the boys and I killing each other in the snow. I sat outside and read my Bible for a while and then came in for a shower and lunch. We watched August Rush and just hung out while I continued to work on Matthew and reading the rest of the minor prophets. I wish I could have the words to describe the beauty that I experienced tonight. To begin with, I was able to finish reading the whole Bible (a little behind schedule, but nonetheless my second lap is complete). Then my family and I sat down to an awesome steak dinner, played a fairly intense game of Texas Hold ‘em (I had a beautiful comeback, and got second place), and then we all watched Julie and Julia. At one point I was sitting there snuggled next to my mom realizing that we were all there and just how awesome that was. These past two days really have been awesome family times, we weren’t rushing off to other places, and even if we were maybe doing different things, we were at least in view or ear shot of the others. It was the absolute most PERFECT family time that I could have ever imagined and I just thank God that He blessed us with this amazing opportunity that blew our minds, I mean even down to the amazing snow fall, it was absolutely idea. If that weren’t enough, I was coming to my room to get to bed and in the full moon light, I was able to see the silhouettes of some elk/deer coming up the road by the cabin we’re staying in. They seriously were maybe 20 yards away and they were just hanging out eating some dinner and there were about six of them. I was able to get my mom who in turn got Kyle up to see at least a couple of them before they got away. The clear skies, the snow covered trees, and the drifts of snow on the ground, not to mention the moon shining so bright it was almost like dawn with the hills around us and even being able to see the valley at the base of the mountain. A picture would do it absolutely no justice and I almost feel it would have been an insult to God to try and take a picture of that moment. Have you ever had one of those moments? It’s like He gave you that particular moment that truly could never be captured by camera and so it’s just one of those memories you get to treasure forever, that’s what tonight was for me. Maybe one day when I learn how to really paint, I’ll try and paint it, but until then my words are all I have. And even now as I’m sitting on my bed and the only noise I can hear is my fingers hitting these keys, it’s like I don’t want to break the silence, it’s a silence you can feel and almost like you’re at a museum or experiencing some special privilege that you have not right to interfere with. I love moments like these!

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text