Sunday, January 24, 2010

"Who am I, that..?"

Both Moses and David asked God this very question of why He would bestow on them the calling that He did. This week was definitely one of those weeks where I asked that exact same question. God has brought so many insanely awesome opportunities to share Him with people that I can't even begin to tell you about it all, but just know that I'm sitting here in the quiet of the night in my bed feeling so incredibly humbled that He would bring about the things that He did in the past few days.

All that has happened kind of came to a head this weekend. To begin with, I was given the privilege of opening up for all four of the Calvary ABQ main services. I don't know if there has ever been a time that I've been so nervous. Give me hundreds of high school students and I'm totally fine, but put me in a room with hundreds of adults and forget about it. I wore my traditional African dress and for Saturday night's service it was seriously all I could do to not just stare at the audience petrified, and my heart seriously didn't return back to its normal rhythm until about an hour later. I also had my reception where I just shared about what God was doing and how He was using me in Uganda. I was truly amazed at all who came out for the event and all the work that so many people put into it, it still blows my mind to think about. I pray that those who came were able to walk away challenged, encouraged, and maybe even somewhat convicted about their walks with God.

Personally for me though, the thing that made this weekend absolutely awesome is how God showed (yet again) how much He knows and cares for me. Not only through all the love from the people I encountered, but how He allowed me to encounter Him. I was just talking to a friend of mine yesterday about how tired I was in constantly doing ministry (although I love it more than anything in the world). I told him how the countless meetings with individuals and sharing with groups was all starting to take its toll and that I was seriously yearning for a time just to be at His feet and to be refreshed. Well, God knew that's exactly what I needed, and He gave me not one, but two times of just that. Last night, we had a Vertical Leader's prayer and worship time and it was so cool just praying for the concerns of Vertical and just crying out to God in worship. Then, tonight, after everything else had happened, I went with my brother to the El Ray theater for the re-launching of Metro Calvary where Phil Wickham was the guest artist. During his extended worship set I seriously just sometimes couldn't get out the words as I was just able to have that time to reflect not only on all that God had done over the past few days, but also on just how amazing He truly is. He is so unbelievably good to His kids and knows just what they need and how to give it to them. As James put it, "every good and perfect thing is a gift from heaven" and that includes those amazing times of refreshing and reflection in order for us to have something to pour out to those He brings into our paths.

1 comment:

Jesse said...

You are God's servant and He puts the words in your mouth even if you think you're too afraid to speak! Jebale Nyabo!

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text