Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A drama princess

You know that song that goes winey winey... I pretty much only know that one line (and I'm hoping you now have that song stuck in your head much like I do now googling the lyrics because it's driving you crazy not knowing the rest :) ). Well, these past 24 hours I've found that I took up the habit of whining for whining sake. I would complain even when there's really not a whole heck of a lot to complain about. I realized this tonight as I was trying to tell someone something and had someone near me who knew about the situation. I was kind of a reality check of, "oh wait, it's really not that bad". It's funny when you have that, it's like you build stuff up for the sake of drama and then when you have someone there who knows how much more is happening or that it's not all bad, that you realize the error of your ways...well, that was me tonight.

Drama is a funny thing isn't it? We get annoyed or even make fun of those who are what we would refer to as drama queens, or even in some cases kings when in reality we do the same things. You know... the whole world ends if something doesn't happen or you blow things totally out of proportion, or that even when things really aren't that bad, you try to make them sound that way just for a little extra attention? Well... I have come to point of where now I need to confess that although I can't bring myself to admit that I'm a drama queen, I can definitely be drama princess to say the least and I have a feeling my coronation could be coming very soon if I don't stop it. The Bible pinpoints that 1) don't be anxious and 2) do all things without complaining... you don't even want to know how many times I've violated those commands. To do both of those things is... wait....what... oh that's right, it's SIN. Ouch! Can you believe it?! And as much as we may want to pass things off as personality flaws or "I'm just a perfectionist", or blah blah blah... it's sin, it's sin, it's sin, it's sin, it's sin. In doing those two things you are doubting God's sovereignty, power, love, etc... and that's just bad ju ju.

So yes, all this to say, I have received another nice beating today by the Holy Spirit just going to town and scouring my heart to remove what's not of Him. It hurts...I'm embarrassed to admit I still haven't totally learned this lesson, but I'm rejoicing in the fact that we have a loving, faithful, and patient Father who although He may have to take out his "belt" so to speak from time to time, it's all worth it to make me holy as He is holy.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text