Saturday, June 18, 2011

One sweet night

Tonight at youth group, things went on without really anything special... we played princess, knight, rider, had some worship (our boys are learning), and then I taught through Galatians. I'll be honest, it was tough, I know that Galatians is a great book, Martin Luther said it was even his favorite, but I just had a tough time getting into it. Praise God though that how He works is not dependent on how I "feel". At the end of the teaching, even though I ran a little over time, God seemed to be telling me to do an altar call. Now, I'm not necessarily one for altar calls, I've actually never done one before tonight, but as the kids heads were bowed I asked them if they had never accepted Jesus, but they wanted to for them to raise their hands and a ton of kids did. I was floored, I kept reiterating what it meant and making sure they never had done it before (you know how some people tend to get "saved" every Sunday), and the hands stayed up. Then I told them to make it public, and I really wanted to cry as kids who were just beginning to get involved in the youth group came up along with kids who had been coming for years. God knows the hearts of these kids and what they really understand of what they professed today, but the coolest thing was that it's not like I can look back on the evening and go "yup, well... that teaching was pretty sweet" or anything like that. I mean when I threw out the net so to speak I really did figure it would come back empty, but that's when God gets the most glory, because it wasn't anything about me, the teaching, etc... it was all about the work that God has been doing on the hearts of these kids, I just pray that they live the life now and that they really would allow God to rock their worlds!

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text