Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween a la Uganda


Ok, so no matter what your convictions are about Halloween, everyone knows that October 31st can at least be a fun day to dress up. So we did just that. We went to a costume birthday party for a missionary here and it was awesome! We ate food, including Thai, Indian, and a quiche. Played, Pictionary, the girls totally won (and I may or may not have showed off my oober competitive side) and roasted marshmallows over a candle. It was a lot of fun. Oh, and just letting you know, my costume was a tourist so I rocked a t-shirt that said "mzungu" (what westerners are referred to by the locals), a backpack, cameras, my hair braided in a way that was only meant for Africans, and of course a bottle of Pepto Bismol (a must for anyone traveling to Africa).

2 comments:

imaudi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
imaudi said...

It is so awesome to see you grow in the Lord, Kelli. I am so happy for you. Sometimes seeing all these little updates makes me wanna cry because this is an amazing life changing experience for you and I wish I could be there. The best thing is that all this is for the Lord. Continue to enjoy this gift from the Lord. God bless you Kelli!

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text