Sunday, October 12, 2008

my purpose

Yesterday was one of the best days I've had here in Uganda, mainly because God opened up my eyes to why I'm here. Not that I was doubting I had purpose, but it gave me clarity. The day started out with meeting with a girl named Sarah who was going out to do some street witnessing I was able to talk and pray with her and share some verses with her to encourage her and I later came to find out that they were also applicable to her on a personal level as well as on an evangelistic level, God is so good how He uses us in ways we don't even know! I then went to visit PMM, which is an all girls school. One of the girls from the youth group, Carol, lives there and it was their "parents" day and so I went as her "parent" because her parents aren't really around anymore, and I later discovered that she doesn't have very many people who pour into her, if any, and that is truly my heart is to show girls that someone loves them even if they may not experience love anywhere else. I then came back to prepare for youth group and did a couple of other things again just solidifying my roles and encouraging me that I'm where I'm supposed to be. And then with youth group, I was able to spend some time with the girls who come to the Bible study on Sundays and they gave me such a warm greeting, they're so awesome! Finally, as we were cleaning up from dinner, it was mentioned that I may be giving some of the village pastors a crash course in entrepreneurship so they can operate their own kiosk (a small store). I just am in awe of how God works! And I am also so humbled that God has truly been preparing me for this task for a while and I just can't believe I'm having an opportunity to minister to people in the capacity that I am. Thank you all for your prayers, because they are being answered far beyond any expectations.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Kelli girl! That is so wonderful and I am so excited for God's work in and through your life! I so love it when our Father clarifies things to set us on the path He has laid before us! It is so hard to remember not to second guess His still small whispers, but when we just press onward in His will, He moves mountains and breaks down walls! Our God surely is the Holy Almighty! Love ya! xoxo

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text