Sunday, October 5, 2008

John the Baptist

So today I introduced the girls to John the Baptist as we studied John 1:6-9. It was really cool getting to truly study him, I've never really done that before. I mean to think of what it would have been like to walk along the Jordan, or the Nile, or the Rio Grande and see some hippie out there dunking people in water and then to find out that he was sent by God to prepare the way for Jesus. I just love who God uses! He uses those you would least expect to do His work. It's not based off of how you dress, who your family is, or even where you go to church, it's based off of His grace and your ability to obey Him. It's awesome to read that he didn't compromise to the "accepted" ways of doing things, and even called the Pharisees a brood of vipers and called Herod out on the sins he had committed, I would love to have that kind of boldness and conviction, John had bluntness with wisdom and that is something I've yet to master.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text