Friday, July 10, 2009

Obedience

So if you didn't know this about me, I absolute love to read vintage theology books. Those "old dead guys" just put things in a way that cuts right down to it, they weren't soft, cultural, or anything along those lines, it's just pure theology and I love it. Andrew Murray is by far my most favorite author and right now I'm reading his book "School of Obedience". I just read this one paragraph and I love the words he uses and just how raw it is in talking about how we are to above all else be obedient.

"It is as we sink low before God in humility, meekness, patience, and entire resignation to His will, and are willing to bow in a n absolute helplessness and dependence on Him, as we turn away wholly from self, that it will be revealed to us how it is the one only duty and blessing of a creature to obey this glorious God."

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text