Friday, July 3, 2009

Take another lap

So I know we all struggle with sin, I know that, I get that, and I accept that...however, it still surprises me when I remember I'm apart of that statement. I'm in the middle of learning from falling into a trap that I've done time and time again, and although things are a little different now, the lesson is still the same. For the past couple of days I've been cleaning up a "mess" I've made and how I feel sick thinking that I've done exactly what I hate when I see others do it. It's funny because just last night I taught from Ecclesiastes and pointed out that Solomon had somewhat of a relationship with God, but he still stumbled and fell. Going through this little episode of life that God is trying to drill in my head some very big lessons, I can so relate to Paul as he wrote in 1 Timothy about how he's the worst of sinners. I'm not saying that I fell into sin as one would think, it's more a matter of the heart and that's just as dangerous and the bottom line is sin is sin. As I was talking to Bev about this today, she told me of a saying her friend used to use when stuff like this happened: "take another lap" as we have to keep working and correcting things as we go through life as we progress on the path of holiness. All I have to say is that it looks like I'm going to be doing a lot of "running".

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text