Sunday, July 4, 2010

The kids


As I have posted before, on Sunday afternoons, I get to teach a group of kids most of whom come from the staff of our church but there are also several who are just their friends who have started to come "just for fun". A couple of the friends actually come from Muslim families so it's a really cool opportunity to pour into them in the capacity that I get to. These kids have become so enthralled with learning what God's Word has to say that I'm absolutely blown away by the growth and maturity I see in them. I can only imagine what they're going to be like years down the road if they just stay passionately seeking Him. It gets me to think - if we "make disciples", real disciples not just Bible stories but real students of the Word with kids who are really serious about it, there's no telling what sort of impact they can have for the Kingdom as they continue to grow up. I'm just still so amazed at how this opportunity just fell into my lap and know that 10000% is from God because I'm definitely NOT a Children's ministry/sunday school teacher - I respect those who have that calling but I know that it's only for these select kids that God has brought me to minister in this capacity. I love these kids with all of my heart and just so humbled that God would give me the awesome privilege of pouring into them week after week.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text