Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Nobody likes me...

That song "nobody likes me, everybody hates me, guess I'll eat some worms..." is kind of going through my head right now. That is so far from the truth but to make a long story short I'm suffering from a rather intense pity party at the moment - definitely digressing to the Elijah "Why can't I just die" state of mind although not to such an extreme degree. I had the hope that the crutches/cast would be gone in a month and that I was 1/4 of the way through it, but this evening I found out that the usual six weeks is actually what I'm going to have to do. Life here is so the oposite of handicap friendly - my cast is definitely not that fancy new fiber glass or waterproof material, my crutches are definitely very "african", and well...the complaints could just go on and on. Can you tell I'm just in a whiny mood right now? On top of that it's also just again setting in how Ryan is leaving in less than 48 hours, which is just fantastic (NOT!) and I spent my evening in a waiting room with one of our sponsored students who had a rash and needed to be checked out. I wish I could sound super spiritual right now and just be that hard core missionary that people tend to think I and my comrades are like, but really I'm just having "one of those days" right now. I feel for those who I live with because when I got home from the hospital I may or may not have thrown my crutches and went on a wee little rampage. Oh the joys of growing pains...

1 comment:

Neil said...

Kelli,
Before all of the madness of the broken foot and the bombings occurred I shared with you that I had a strong sense that God is taking you through a very unique season of growth, and after all of this I am even more convinced He is setting you up to know without a shadow of a doubt that He has met with you once this season is over. Let me know what I can do for you in addition to praying.
Neil

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text