Saturday, July 3, 2010

A twelve stones sort of week

So a week ago, I was broken and honestly at the lowest I have been in a long time. But then as the previous posts have mentioned, God rebuilt me. I'm still struggling and having this next week be another week of dreading the real deal this time, of people really leaving, but God proved Himself faithful in this past week (as He has done countless times before) and therefore I know that He will again meet me yet again in my brokenness. It's funny to think of how much God has done in me over this past week alone. I began the week crying out about the lessons God would be teaching me and boy did He deliver! I just pray that the weeks to follow will be as rich or even more so in the growth that only comes through His sometimes painful work making us more into the people He desires for us to be.

The title of this blog comes from how in the book of Joshua, they passed through the Jordan on dry ground, they picked up twelve stones to remember all that God had done. This week was definitely one of those weeks I hope I don't forget recalling His faithfulness, compassion, and those things He told me in the "still small voice". Even now, I'm just writing this in hopes that one day I can look back and remember the struggles, triumphs, and lessons learned during this bitter sweet time.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text