Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Amazingness!!!!

One of the most common things I get made fun of for is the fact that I never really complete sentences. Many times I communicate what I'm trying to say and there may not have been a subject, verb, or conjunction but somehow people know what I mean and then I just spice it up even more when I add in various sound effects. Now, I'm normally bad at doing this just in everyday situations, but when I get really excited about something, it's hyped up to a whole new level. That's what pretty much went down tonight.

My afternoon was progressing rather nicely as I decided to finally bite the bullet and start reading the book of Ezekiel to prepare for youth group in a couple of weeks. This book is always one that made me cringe as I looked at it as the huge speed bump that kept me from finishing the Old Testament, but this time it was different. As I began to read even in chapter one I seriously was just astounded at the way God's glory is described (or attempted to be described). Looking at the different symbolism of what each thing means about God's character and just the power and the lightening, and just...wow! Now, I was already tripping out over that and being in awe of it all, when we had our mid-week Bible study in the book of Revelation. And it "just so happens" that the passage taught was Revelation 4:2-11. Oh my fling flangin goodness!!!!! If you were to take Ezekiel 1 and Revelation 4, you'd be in shock, then to put in a dash of Isaiah 6, and you're officially on your way into overload about realizing just a little bit more how awesome our God truly is. One thing that you see and that I learned about today was how if you look at it all, it's about Him being at the center of it all. And the passage from Revelation really drives home the "throne" and it's God who's on it, not me. We read about how Moses desired to see God's glory and yet only could see the back of Him because you can't see God and live, you read about how we're going to get heavenly bodies so that we can handle His awesome glory. But we take His glory so lightly, we take everything about Him too lightly. Our God is not the "big man upstairs", He's not our "homeboy". He is God Almighty, Creator, Savior, Holy, Loving, Awesome, Jealous, Merciful, and the list goes on.... If only we all (me included) get a better grasp on the God we serve and realize even if it's just a little bit more how awesome He really is then that far surpasses anything any amount of money can by.

My friends, we serve one AMAZING God. Is He on the throne of your life? Is He at the center of your life? Or is He just an after thought or a supporting roll in the "Me show"? He's awesome and He needs to and deserves to be the one in whom we "live and move and have our being".

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text