Monday, February 28, 2011

No words...


How do you tell someone their sister or best friend has died? How can you comfort a mom who just lost her precious adopted daughter? What do you say to a church family who was already in grieving that they have suffered yet another loss...and this person you won't get to visit on a road trip?

Last night while my cheeks were still wet with tears from the thought of Aryanna having moved away, I got a call from Bev telling me that "we lost Nazziwa". I couldn't believe it, I still can't. The tears come but then I keep thinking this isn't really happening, that maybe this is a dream. Ryan and I jumped in the truck for a silent drive to the clinic while Jess and Bev took another vehicle in order to transport everyone, including little miss Nazziwa. I'll never forget going into that hospital room and seeing her mom in such sorrow over the loss of her precious daughter. I'll never forget sitting on the floor and crying with my "family". And I'll never forget seeing how the church showed itself to be a body as they stepped up to care for this mom and deal with the loss of our Nazziwa. It reminds me of the white blood cells, that when something goes wrong or there's an injury, they go into over drive...that's our church. Even right now, we have guys who slept on the benches in the church in order to be around for this time. I spent last night holding Nazziwa's adoptive mother and just laying next to her while she slept. I've never seen someone in that much grief. Another first is I've never had to tell someone that they love has passed away... I had to do that twice in the past 8 hours and both times to kids. I mean really...what do you say? Again... there's just no words.

The key comfort we have is knowing that our girl is no longer in the pain that she used to be in. But our hearts still ache and grieve. I can still hear her little laugh, her exasperated little pleas of "K..e..l...l..i.." when either I or someone else was tickling her. Oh how I miss that baby girl!!!!!

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text