Friday, February 18, 2011

Elections: The Day Of

Well, I couldn’t get to sleep last night until around 2, I guess just because I was kind of psyching myself out a little bit. This morning, and really the whole day for the most part, was really eerily quiet. It was kind of like everyone was holding their breath. I was able to start my day as usual with my coffee and my quiet time. Then made some pancakes and got started on a rather productive little shut in day. I did some serious spring cleaning in my house which I haven’t done but needed to for a long time. I was also able to bake some cookies, watch some TV a la iTunes, and watch a couple of movies. Hey, if life gives ya lemons... It’s so weird because we’re here and it’s not like a lot of chaos has really ensued in Jinja. Our staff who went out to vote said that it was so calm and that nobody was out. Bev and I were talking today about how Jinja seems to be the perfect place to be as it’s big enough to have a military presence to keep the peace, but we’re small enough that things are containable.

In the midst of the other things I did today, we sporadically had on the news station. To try and convey what the news is like here… well, there aren’t words. To have the news anchor not be able to get numbers right or to hear cell phones constantly going off makes watching the news rather entertaining. As the results begin to come in though, things could get more interesting, but for now prayers are being answered BIG TIME. It’s absolutely amazing how calm it’s been, let’s just pray it continues this way.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text