Thursday, February 10, 2011

A holding pattern

When I was little and making countless flights to LA for doctors appointments, I distinctly remember one time when we were getting fairly close to our final destination, when low and behold the captain gets on the speaker and says "Ladies and gentlemen, due to delays on the runway, we will need to circle the area until we have a place to land". Now even though the flight to LA was just a mere hour and a half, and an extra half an hour wasn't going to kill me, it was the whole expectation of finally reaching my destination that was hurt with that little announcement. Oh, and just for added fun, the location we were flying in circles over was Death Valley...hmmm...

Now, it is that very story that I can most clearly explain how I kind of see life right now: a holding pattern, flying in circles, so close yet so far. You think that you see light at the end of the tunnel, that the sun is peeking through the clouds, and then you come to realize the light was a train or the sun was just merely the eye of the storm. I kind of keep expecting this season of pruning to finish at some point but just when I think it's almost over the "Captain" pulls up and we're off again going through yet another turbulent season. Right now, I'm honestly so exhausted I can hardly move, I feel like in my little drama queen mind that the weight of the world is on my shoulders (even though I know that's a slight exaggeration). It's funny though because during this time, I'm realizing how much more raw my prayer life is, how much more real God's promises are, and how much more I am witnessing God's hand work in my life even if it's just someone randomly giving me an awesome hug and they had no idea just how much I needed it, but God did.

All in all, this season of flying in circles is exhausting but I rejoice in how much God continues to reveal to me through it. God is truly good...all the time.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text