Monday, February 14, 2011

Confession time

Clumsy - 1) Awkward in movement or handling of things, 2) done awkwardly or without skill or elegance

Ok, now that you have the official definition, you are now able to take the rest of this in context. I'm so much officially the clumsiest person I know. I mean it's not even funny (well, to the people around me it might be, but to me it's not). One of my all time favorite movies is Hitch with Will Smith because of how clumsy Albert is just rings true in my life so much! Even the people who watch it while in the same room as me frequently say statements like "Hey Kelli, he's like you!" The fact of the matter is no matter how hard I try, I always end up dropping, spilling, or making a mess of something, and that's not to mention the whole injury factor. I really do try to be careful, like really really try, but even then stuff just happens.

Today I was getting in touch with my creative side and I started out doing alright, but by the end of the time I was covered in oil paint (I even got some on my face and computer - don't ask how that happened because I don't know). I then had to call in my trusty WD-40 to come to my rescue and I'm good now. But then even while I was making our ascari (night guard)'s tea tonight (this was pre-WD-40) - I had fingerprints everywhere, spilled the water and milk and I hope I cleaned it all up (I think I did). And that was just the events of one night! Ughh! Sometimes I seriously don't know what to do with myself, I seriously fit the definition of "clumsy" to a T. I guess I just can send this out as a warning that if you don't want to have something broken, spilled, or a mess to be made then I'm probably not the right person for the job. I guess it's just another one of my many "quirks" that God uses to humble me, but man oh man is it annoying sometimes!

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text