Wednesday, September 3, 2008

One week down

Wow! I can't believe that it's been exactly one week since I've left Albuquerque. Today was marked with a very big cultural day for me where I was able to just take in a whole lot. I feel like I can only do it justice by kind of giving you a breakdown of the day:
- Woke up at about 7:30 to the sounds of roosters and dogs barking
- Got dressed and had breakfast of toast and coffee
- Read my Bible and checked my e-mail
- Studied for my teaching that I'm doing on Sunday afternoon
- Was introduced to the village pastors, that was probably the highlight of my day because I was there for praise reports and hearing of all that God is doing around Uganda is so amazing. One pastor from Gulu was talking about how many people are leaving the camps (where the invisible children stuff took place) and are moving back to their villages but they're struggling with coming across land mines...that just blows my mind to even think about how intense that is.
- After that I went with Ryan into town to get my cell phone so I'm now a little more accessible. My phone cost me 40,000 shillings which is about $24. And you have buy airtime in chunks so I got 20,000 shillings worth of airtime. In town the streets are filled with people and cars and motorcycles where car lanes are a very fluid concept.
- From there I just studied a little bit more and read Screwtape letters in my office.
- Then we had service where we also had communion where there were all sorts of ants crawling over the communion plate...only in Africa.
- Following that we had lasagna and carrot cake, it was really good!
- right now, it's about 9 at night and we're watching Hoosiers.

So that's what my day was like, just thought you'd enjoy a little glimpse at how it is out here.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text