Friday, March 20, 2009

Top of the marnin' to ya

So three days ago was my most favorite "secular" holiday: St. Patrick's Day. For those of you who aren't quite up on your Irish holidays and think merely it's just for people to have an excuse to get drunk, just know that wasn't how it originated. St. Patrick is who brought the Gospel to Ireland and so basically we're technically celebrating a missionary. This St. Patrick's day was my first one away from home, and I'll be honest, it was pretty hard. I feel bad for those who I was around because I was really sensitive especially since I was the ONLY person who truly enjoyed/celebrated/acknowledged that day. Back home, the whole day was filled with celebration, from my momma (aka the Leprechaun) shooting silly string everywhere and tying our shoes together to going to my grandma's and eating amazing food and just having fun with a house full of green-haired family members. It's such a fun day and no alcohol is involved. To redeem those who I was with, I actually got an awesome St. Patrick's day present (a really pretty necklace and bracelet) so that helped :).

On an added note. I've always known how blessed I was with my family, and not just my immediate family, but my grandmas, grandpa, aunts, uncles, cousins, but I'm learning even more how blessed I really am. My family is awesome! They are all so much fun and I know I wouldn't be who I am today without them.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text