Friday, March 27, 2009

Preachin' it up

Today I visited three of my girls at their school, Jinja Modern. I got there and one of the girls, Joyce, greeted me with a huge smile and a hug (on an added note, she has THE best smile I think I've ever seen). Then we found two of the other girls, Linda and Joy. Joy asked me if I was ready to teach and I had totally forgotten that she had warned me about that on Sunday, so low and behold I switched into the whole "be ready in season and out of season mindset" and was able to teach at their scripture union. It was kind of hard just because a lot of the kids there believe in some sketchy stuff, but I just taught out of 2 Peter where we are called to live holy, godly, and spotless lives and I encouraged the thirty some-odd kids there to really live their faith and questioned them if I were to ask their friends, family, and the strangers on the street if they were living godly lives, what would they tell me. I also touched on how just because you love Jesus doesn't mean that you'll be without trials in your life. I pray it will resonate with some of those kids. The leader invited me back so I guess that's a good sign.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text