Wednesday, May 6, 2009

the rose colored glasses are gone

So I've been in youth ministry for about 6 years now and I realize that high schoolers are far from perfect. They face struggles, temptations, etc... that I would never even dream about and the kids here are no different. Of course, either I'm incredibly naive or they're about a million times greater here than back in the States (it's all in the eye of the beholder though). I know some of what the girls in the youth group do, what their reputations are, and how they tell you one thing but they laugh at you when you're not looking, I get that...but tonight well...it all kind of came to a head. I have been praying about dealing with one girl and what she has been caught doing, and the questionable reputation of another, but then I was made aware of three other girls tonight who have been taking part in not so good things. There are issues spanning the spectrum from lying to parents to well, let's just not go there. I guess there are some things that you just never get used to. Please pray for me as I will be talking to pretty much all of them over the course of the next few days. How they handle criticism and rebuke is a lot different then what I'm used to, so it's gotta be filled with His wisdom and not mine.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text