Saturday, May 2, 2009

Our first Mwena Mwena


In one of the local languages here, "Mwena Mwena" basically means "everyone". The vision for tonight was to have a cheap night of fellowship and a little something out of the usual for the kids without us having to break the bank to put it on. So tonight consisted of three big bags full of popcorn, four crates of sodas, some benches, a stage, and over 80 kids. It was nice having it be somewhat more low key than a typical Fancy Fancy and the kids seemed to enjoy themselves. I was the "guest" speaker tonight and taught on Mark 10:35-45 where Jesus defines what greatness is in His kingdom. It seemed to go pretty well, and I just am humbled during times like this when I teach and God just seems to put the words in my mouth, because if you saw my outline versus what I said, you'd be surprised. Afterwards one of our girls gave me the silent treatment (which is what they tend to do when you offend them) and so I hope that in some way that meant it convicted her. We were absolutely exhausted afterward, but I really hope and pray that kids were challenged and that they would remember what God showed them tonight.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text