Thursday, May 14, 2009

Youth Conference Day 3

So we had a little bit later start today considering I threatened the girls with their lives if they woke up at 5:20 again. We got ready, had quiet times, and made sure everyone was packed and ready to go. We headed down to the church after all the boys were crammed on top of an SUV and the girls in a van and had some breakfast. Richard taught a devo that was a good warning/exhortation for how to handle unsaved friends and then there were two really cool presentations. One presentation was by a program called "why wait?" where it took one of the best approaches to abstinence that I've ever heard, the second was done by the Potter's Field ministry. The kids were in awe as they watched the head guy, Mike Rozell, form a beautiful pot before their eyes from just a chunk of clay. I think it was a whole new approach to what hey had heard time and time again and so it had a big impact on the kids of how they truly are the clay and He is the potter. After that was lunch, and then we packed up the bus and the van and headed home. I was in the van with the boys again and we all got back save and sound with only an hour before service. All in all, it was one of the coolest events I've done with youth and although I'm still absolutely exhausted, I'm just so in awe of all that God did and taught me personally over these past couple of days.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text