Friday, May 15, 2009

Things that make you go "hmmm"

Today was pretty much like a normal Friday consisting of doing some work, helping prepare lunch, going to the gym, taking language lessons, and playing with the kids. Then, tonight we went to a surprise b-day party and it was a bunch of people just hanging out eating food, me getting in touch with my inner 10 year old, and playing some crazy pictionary. Well, I'm sitting here now in my house just kind of pondering the events of the day, and it still takes me back realizing that I'm in Africa. It's funny because everywhere you go, and a lot of the sermons you listen to, they use the example of moving to Africa as the most extreme thing you could ever do for God, but more and more it just kind of makes me laugh hearing that. I honestly love life here, yes, it's the hardest work I've ever had to do, but really I know wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world. I'm VERY blessed to have the friends that I do, both here and back in the States. I just love how God places different callings on our lives and equips us for different tasks, He's so good! To Him be all the glory, all the honor, and all the praise!

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text