Wednesday, June 10, 2009

B.U.S.Y.

Today was another day of craziness, but I'm just so humbled at what doors God has opened for me. This morning I was able to teach 15 of our pastors about business and money management for about 2 1/2 hours. I have to admit I was so incredibly nervous because in my mind I had three strikes against why they would listen to anything I had to say: I'm 23, I'm a girl, and I'm a "mzungu". Despite these things, God seemed to still work and the guys seemed to get that it's not a cultural thing, it's a Bible thing to be a good steward of your money. After that, I rocked an hour and a half of language lessons where I felt bad for my teacher because, due to a very minimal amount of sleep last night, I was yawning through the whole thing. Straight from there, Ryan and I went to a primary school (Elementary school) where I was able to this time teach about 100 kids and taught from the passage in Luke to treat others the way you want to be treated, very basic, but that's where these kids are at in their walks. After that was service time and so we had to prepare for that. I am so tired right now it's not even funny, but I'm just so amazed at what God has allowed me to be a part of especially these past couple of days as I've really been able to use every aspect of my past schooling and work experience for His kingdom.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text