Sunday, June 21, 2009

A shout out to my daddy!


So I realize that it's super cliche for girls to consider themselves a daddy's girl, but I can't help but confirm the truth of that statement. My mom tells me that when I was born I looked exactly like my daddy and he tells me that he was the first one who held me and that I had his heart when I had my first look at him. My dad and I have always had a special bond, yes we've had our moments, but such is life when you've got almost the exact same temperament. For the past 23 years I've been able to talk to my dad and seek his counsel on everything from business to boys and everything in between. I'm so thankful for my daddy and all the awesome times we've had together. We've seriously got so many memories, it's not even funny. When I was little he and I would wake up early in the morning and go to Dunkin Donuts and he'd get a coffee and I'd get an OJ and we'd just hang out. We even were able to go on trips to Florida and rock the beyond nose-bleed section at a Jaguar's game, go to Arizona and check out airplanes, and then in LA we had our jaunt through the worst part of town to get to the beach on the city bus. I could go on and on, but I just had to lay it out there how awesome my dad is and all this to say: HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text