Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Birthday Bliss

I have to say this birthday was for sure unlike any other. It all began on Saturday with having some amazing chocolate cake with our local staff. Sunday I celebrated with giving the kids of the Bible study ice cream and then after that I had left over cake with my girls Bible study group. Monday, I went with Ryan to pick up our friend Judy who came back from the States and we stayed at the house of a pastor from Calvary Chapel Entebbe and were so blessed by his and his wife's little (well, big) family. Judy sang happy birthday to me at midnight and then almost right when I woke up Ryan was the next one to serenade me. After having some coffee in my blood, the kids came out singing with balloons and a happy birthday banner. From there we went to breakfast which was lovely and from there we went shopping at this new mall in Kampala. We followed that with a pizza lunch and then began our trek back home where I continued to be blown away at how God has blessed me so much with the friends in my life (old and new) who have been with me through some very difficult times as well as the best times of my life. I got my two most favorite presents (ones I'll NEVER forget) this evening: two of my girls from the Bible study I teach and who I'm really growing close to got me a set of earrings and a necklace, they honestly don't have much but they blessed me with those for my birthday and I'll treasure them forever! All in all, it was a pretty good and relaxed day, not too much hooplah (which is the way I wanted it to be).

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text